Thursday, July 31, 2008

Changing of Name

The time has finally come for me to legally change my maiden name to my married name.

Mr M & I have always spoken about this when we got married. He had really wanted me to change my name to be Mrs M. Although half of me wanted to do it, the other half of me was sad to leave my maiden name. So after much negotiation, we agreed that I would keep my maiden name for the time we are in Singapore and as soon as we get back to Australia, I would legally change it.


A year on, I am actually pretty used to being called Mrs M. Furthermore, I am definitely not that sad to leave my maiden as I would've been if I had changed it as soon as I got married cos I know by blood I will always be a VP.

The two main reasons for my decision to finally change are pretty simple:

1) Since I am Mr M's other half, I might as well show this in my name in all the legal documents
2) Since baby Minga is coming soon, I also wanted to show this relation to my child(ren)(eg. in Medicare card, health insurance, passport etc).

So after driving all over Melbourne & doing all the mundane checks over a period of 2wks, I have finally changed my name in all the major legal documents such as passport, drivers license, bank ATM card, credit card, health insurance card. Still to go are my Medicare, ATO & all the unimportant cards.

I actually like my new name now & gosh my new signature looks really good too ;)

So yes, good bye VP and hello to the new Mrs M :)