(source: babycentre.com.au)Don't panic if you feel your baby moving less frequently now. He's got less room to move in your uterus and can't do the back-flips and somersaults you're both used to. As long as you can feel him squirming from time to time, he's fine. By this stage, most babies have turned head down into the "cephalic" position ready for birth. A few take a little longer and a few remain stubbornly upright in the "breech" position. If your baby is breech, there's still time for him to turn.
Your baby's arms, legs and body continue to fill out -- and they are finally proportional in size to his head. He weighs about 1.5 kilograms and looks more like a newborn. He measures about 41 centimetres from crown to toe. You may notice your baby isn't moving around as much. Don't worry; he's just running out of space in your uterus. As long as you can feel her squirming, you'll know he's just fine. Believe it or not, he still has plenty of growing to do. You can expect him to gain at least 900 grams more before delivery. Your baby's organs are continuing to mature and he is passing water from his bladder: good practice for the urinating he'll do after he's born. Soon you can wonder what your baby is wishing for -- brain scans have shown that fetuses have periods of dream sleep around month eight.
For some reason, this week alone.. it's the complete opposite of what babycentre is telling me. Baby Minga has been soooo active this week. He keeps on moving up & down, left & right & it's really hurting all of my organs! He usually does this very well when I'm in meetings & sometimes when it really hurt, I nearly scream in the conference room! luckily I manage to control myself otherwise I would be so embarrassed!
One morning when I was walking to work, I noticed my tummy was in a totally different shape now. Not only that it was protruding more! Another words my baby has grown over night again & I could literally see it. When I went to work, one of my colleague immediately pointed out that my baby had turned upside down cos she should see the legs up on my tummy & the head at the bottom & she didn't even know this was the week that my baby would turn. Then everything made sense (eg. why all these kicks were happening up my ribs all the time & why my tummy looks so funny). We will know next Tues whether or not baby Minga has in fact turned. I'm pretty sure he has cos I can feel his limbs on the top of my tummy. But can't wait for the doc to confirm this.
Oh & we've just booked for our business class flight back to Melbourne on Qantas. By the time I fly, I would be about 33wks. Now if I had flown at 35weeks which is the max allowed on the airline, then I would've needed to get my gynae to write a letter of approval for Qantas Doctors to double check.. it would've been so ma-fan! thank God I don't need to go through that.. phew..
