Friday, July 11, 2008

The Official Moving Day!

As soon as I got back from work last night, I quickly cooked using what was the last can/food in the fridge. Then after dinner, Kelv & I began to do some serious packing. Now usually the removalist will do everything for you, but we still needed to pack what we needed to wear for the next 2 weeks in our luggage. As well, I made my hubby wipe all of our 40+ pair of shoes down just to ensure there's no plant or dry soil in our shoes for the Aust Customs! My hubby also helped me to remove all the junk in our kitchen & collect all the things we were to giveaway.. gosh it was hard work & gosh I realised how much junk we had! so much so that I had to chuck a lot of expired goods in our pantry! And they were at least $100 worth! no kd! haiz.. xing tong..

Then after the kitchen was done, it was off to the study room to throw out all these paper/receipts etc & collect the ones we were to send back home.. gosh Baby Minga was not happy with me always bending my tummy. It was actually a struggle just standing up or even sitting down to sort it out.

Then by about 10pm, I decided to call it quits & watch TV for the last time in our home instead. We then went to bed at around 11pm. Finally this morning at 8am, I finally pushed myself to get up & do the dreaded 'clothes packing' as I knew I had to get this done before the removalist guys arrive at 10am. Anyway, as I am typing this in the living room, there are boxes & mess all around me. There are about 5 guys here in each room doing the packing. It's so stressful when they have packed the things that weren't suppose to go to Aust! When that happens, I have to get them to unpack & find those items to be left in SG again. I know I shouldn't complain cos these ppl are professional removalist & they literally pack everything from rugs to TV to fragile items like wine glass for you. I don't even need to lift a finger (except to tell them what to pack & what not to pack).

I can not imagine having to move next time without a professional removalist especially when you have a big house & with kids some more... haiz.. Anyway, today really marks the end of an era at Castle Green Condo. I remember it was just yesterday when the removalist was at my parent's place ready to pack my things to come to SG and mind you, I didn't have much for them to pack vs now... Majority of it are all the rubbish we've accumulated from our travels around Asia and of course for our little one too.


Gosh I can not wait to clean up the entire house soon (not!). To top it off, after we've cleaned up the place, we will need to sleep in the house for one final night with absolutely nothing except two mattresses! The Landlord will then be coming tomorrow morning at 10am to inspect the place. I pray that she will be happy with the state of the place without any hassles.

Then finally Kelv & I will finally be indulging ourselves by checking into our 6-star hotel at St Regis (top hotel in Singapore & it's only 6mths old) where we will be staying for 3 nights. Check out our room! It has a 42 inch plasma & a standalone traditional bath tub & it costs $400 per night! ouch.. the price you pay for true indulgence I guess! Then for the balance 4 nights, we will be staying at Shangri-La!

Of course, all this is courtesy of P&G! hahaha... Praise God!