For our final night in SG, Kelv & I decided to just spend it alone to savour our last moments in this land of Singa-pura. I tell you God was so good to us in two main incidents.
Firstly, Kelv had always wanted to try Straits Kitchen (yes u guessed it, all you can eat dinner buffet at The Hyatt on Scotts Rd), however because of the rip that my dry cleaners at Shangri-La had discovered on my brand new Ted Baker's 100% silk blouse, I told him I would need to go all the way to Harbour Front (which is near Sentosa) to get it exchanged before we were to leave the country the next day. So that meant there was no way we could go to Straits Kitchen which is literally near Orchard Rd. Mr M was ok with this. However God had other plans..
Anyway, so the night before, I had actually said to my dry cleaner who went to our hotel room to show us the very tiny rips in my blouse to still go ahead with dry cleaning my blouse so that I could go and exchange it the next day at Ted Baker Vivo City. So I signed the form away saying that I acknowledged that there's a rip in my blouse before it was even dry cleaned.
However, the next day when I got back from work, I had noticed that my blouse was returned in the closet, however it was missing its ribbon/belt. So I rang the hotel staff. They spent the next 2hrs frantically searching for it and then finally admitting to me that they had lost it (don't know how!). So guess what? They fully refunded my blouse which I was sooo happy about b/c I didn't even want to wear it anymore since I bought it just for my recent ABBAs work formal night & I knew that since it was so big, I would never wear it again after my delivery. So when the hotel staff had suggested that they will drive all the way to Vivo to buy me another one, I quickly killed off that idea. Finally they gave me the whole refund of $150 back for my blouse! I was so happy cos it meant we didn't have to travel all the way to stupid Vivo City to get another blouse that I really didn't want. So that was testimony #1.
Then came the second incident.. so since we had saved lots of time, we realised we could make it to Straits Kitchen after all. So at about 8pm we got there & asked for 2 seats. To Mr M's horror, the restaurant was fully booked! not one seat available! You shoul'd've seen my poor hubby.. he was sooo disappointed as the theme for the dinner was Nonya/local cuisines! the most perfect way to end our adventure in Singapore. So he tried to sweet talk his way in to the restaurant manager... no luck. However, she did say if u wait til 9:30pm you will get a seat. However, I was so tired of walking & waiting that I canned that idea too. Anyway, so then I went to take a seat at the hotel while my hubby walked to see some stereo at Bang & Olufsen in the Hyatt. I started to pray and asked God to do the impossible which was to give us a seat much earlier than 9:30pm.
Anyhow, after 15mins later, my hubby walks out from his stereo shop looking disappointed at me. Finally as we were just literally about to walk out of the hotel, the restaurant manager runs after us and tell us that she's just reserved 2 spots for us! You should've seen my hubby's face! he was a very happy Jan olright! So there you have it, we were both amazed at God's grace upon us. Everything worked out well according to his timing.
So here were all the makans we pigged out on our last day in Singapore :)
Chefs making fresh popiahs & rojak on the spot
2 very happy & extremely full lovebirds..
