It seems that we're not the only ones that are impatiently twiddling our thumbs waiting for baby Minga to show... Even my colleagues from Singapore are writing to me asking if I've delivered...
Moreover, all of my girlfriends & family are just as nervous as us if not more nervous than us especially when I've accidentally missed their phone calls. All of them thinks the reason I haven't picked up my phone is b/c I'm in labour! gosh too funny!
It all started with my cheeky g/f Lee Wei who rang me two days in a row but I kept on missing her phone call. So finally after her third attempt on the third day, she finally got a hold of me. This was literally our phone conversation:
"Hello" says Mrs M
"What the.. you still haven't given birth yet?"
"What the? you rang me not to say hello but to see if my baby has arrived, ceh!"
"So when are u going to give birth?" what a stupid ques to ask I thought..
"Um your guess is as good as mine... don't know lah.. u put so much pressure on me.. probably at this rate, he would never want to come out!"
"So how are you going to tell me when he comes out? does Kelv have my phone number. I need to know when you're going into Labour.."
"What for? Omg, as if I'm going to tell you .. otherwise you ring me every hour to hassle me and I would be in so much pain & so annoyed!"
"Ok lah.. I won't hassle you lah although I rang my sister every hour when she was in labour.. ok make sure Kelvin tell me when the baby is out.."
"Yes lah.. alamak I also have a mobile phone ler... I can also sms u what.. "
"Ok make sure I'm the first one you ring ok so I can be the first person to visit you in hospital. Promise me ok?"
"ok ok ok... Yes Máam!""
Last night, mum also told me that my bah-bi who tried to ring us 3 times from Perth but didn't manage to get through thought that we were all in hospital. So when my mum finally picked up, the first thing he asked her was 'Has Mei given birth yet?'. Hahaha!
Then last night after missing a phone call from Wongie, I get online this morning to see Chai blinging me 'Wong thought you had already given birth cos you missed her call last night... ' OMG! What is going on with everyone?!
So note to self 'Pick up every phone call and do not miss it' or I could deliberately miss it for a whole week so everyone thinks I'm breaking the Guinness book of record by being in labour for that long! Now there's a thought... hmmmm......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I couldn't stop laughing. that is so funny. Well, it's only matter of days until you bub comes out. arent we all excited???? take care, vick...
Post a Comment