(Source: babycentre.com.au)Your due date is right around the corner and your baby's just waiting for the right time to be born. He's continuing to build a layer of fat, which will help him to control his body's temperature after birth and will put on more weight (boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls). Take it easy during the final week or so — this may be your last opportunity to relax. Instead of spending every available minute decorating the nursery or folding baby clothes, go out and see a film, read a book or take long naps. Don't forget to spend some quality time with your partner too — it will probably be your last chance to have an evening out together for a while.
Can you tell if you're carrying a boy or a girl? One hint may come from the size of your baby -- boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls. Babies at week 39 weigh about 3 to 3.2 kilograms and continue to build the fat stores that will help regulate body temperature after birth. Your little one's organ systems are fully developed and in place, but the lungs will be last to reach maturity. (Even after your baby is born, it may take a few hours before he establishes a normal breathing pattern.) Wondering what colour your baby's eyes will be? Most Caucasian babies are born with dark blue eyes and their true eye colour -- be it brown, green or blue -- may not reveal itself for weeks or months. The colour of your baby's eyes in the first minutes after birth won't last -- exposure to light changes a baby's initial eye colour. Most babies with a dark skin colour have grey or brown eyes at birth -- their dark eyes becoming a true brown or black after the first six months or year. Multi-racial children often turn out to have the most beautiful coloured eyes.
Ok everyone thinks baby Minga will be a dark baby b/c of my exotic husband's South African skin colour... but of course I know that's not true cos apparently according to my mother in law, he was a very white baby & his complexion evolved over time.
I'm hoping my baby will have blue eyes after all I've been staring at the poster my mum gave me since 1st trimester! so that better work although I have a feeling he will have brown eyes like his parents...
We visited Dr Chew today for our regular 38th week check up. Baby Minga was once again lying on his side - more facing upwards in the posterior position vs being in the anterior position. hmpf! naughty boy.... The Dr told me not to worry about it until the day of the delivery.
I'm actually getting a bit impatient & nervous as to why baby Minga still do not want to come out. I really don't want to be induced as I've seen the aparatus they use to break the water bag & ouch it does not look at all 'friendly'. She told me I shouldn't worry about it until I have reached my EDD (estimated date of delivery which is Sept 8th). She also gave us more info as to when to come into the hospital etc. I asked her if I would accidentally miss my water breaking since I've heard a lot of ppl telling me that they never saw their water break. She told me that would be impossible to do because when your water breaks, it either comes all out in one gush or it would trickle down gradually over a period of time. That somewhat gave me some relief. She also told me that I would know when I'm in labour cos labour pain will be very different to any pains that I've ever experienced in my life... yikes I'm so not looking forward to it.
Everyone is as nervous as we are. I have this gut feeling though this baby will be a September baby like his father... so that means any time from next Monday onwards & hopefully before Father's Day on Sept 7th! We shall see hey? ;)
p/s I have just finished knitting my hubby his scarf! yay right on schedule! He told me he loves it even though it's not 100% perfect.. kekeke..

2 comments:
wah! u r getting better in ur knitting .... its really nice. keep it up. steph
ya, breaking water is veryyyyy painful. my waterbag still didn't break even after I was 10cms dilated, so they had to poke it. gosh...it's painful. hope yours break by itself.
Post a Comment