Sunday, March 29, 2009

Balance

The other day, one of my girlfriends asked me, if I could be a full time housewife, would I be one? I had to ponder on that question for about a minute before answering 'no, I wouldn't'. I would be too bored!'. Don't get me wrong, I love my little one to bits. But being a housewife is not really.... me.

Getting up to go to work especially after after a series of disturbed sleep is definitely not an easy task. But I really do enjoy the satisfaction that my job brings after a product launch, the socialising, the mental challenge, the dressing up, the free time away from my kid so that I can find my own self again and of course all the perks of my job.

I love having to be able to stock up on my Duracells for Zachariah's toys, to smear delicious fragrance on my hair in each bottles of Herbal Essences, to be able to use all the latest technology from Braun & not to mention Oral-B, to get samples of SK-II so that I can conquer the growing fine lines on my face (thanks to the lack of sleep); All this for free of charge or below cost price. Now that makes me smile (and my husband too!). Last but not least, I love to go interstate for work not because of the work itself but rather for the undisturbed sleep I would get whilst being away from home! Now that is priceless ;)