Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birthday Dinner at Di Mattina's

Tonight, after work, I decided to do something different for Mr M's birthday. Instead of celebrating it with everyone, I decided to 'date' him just him & I like the good ol days. So we left Zachariah at my parents house for a sleep over while mummy & daddy went off to Di Mattina's on Lygon St, Carlton (one of Mr M's fav Italian restaurant) for a quiet meal to celebrate his birthday.

Similar to the last time we came to this place, we ordered the simply de-lish calamari's for entrees (these are sooo good! the calamari's just melts in your mouth!) and had pasta & steak for dinner. Steak was a bit disappointing but my fettucine carbonara was always a winner! In fact, all of the pastas in Di Mattina's are pretty good.

We talked the night away & left the restaurant with a full tummy! We then proceeded with discussing plans for the future in the car making our way home. We were so lost in our conversation that we had totally forgotten about my car which was parked at my workplace. So the next morning, poor Mr M had to drop me off at work which was a bonus for me :)

Happy birthday hub! God, Zach & I love you very much!
p/s Don't ever forget that even when you are old & wrinkly that you will still be my rib cage & I, your missing rib ...