Coincidentally I fell sick today cos I had a sore right eye b/c for some weird reason, one of my blood vessel popped in my eye (it must've been the stress!). So I took a sickie & rather than seeing a doctor, I ended up spending the WHOLE day with mr M driving everywhere around town to get all the goodies we needed for the party while Z was at my parents house. Then we got back to their house to prepare all the salads & to start making our little one's birthday cake. I was so proud of my hubby who was very creative in cutting the shape of the cake (he definitely has more of a steady hand than me!). So thanks to a great team's effort, we finally finished off making Mickey Mouse cake as Z's first birthday cake at about 1am on Sat morning & I finally went off to bed (boy was my legs sore from standing & walking the whole day!). Mr M on the other hand slept at 3am after marinating all of the meats in prep for the BBQ the next day.
After all the stress & hardwork of preparing for Z's birthday, I think the next celebration will be in 20 years time...at his 21st! :)

3 comments:
Good job guys! i tot u bot d cake (Zach is so lucky 2 hv such creative parents like u guys). hei, next time u must tel me how u marinate al d bbq stuff coz danny is into bbq now n he's thinking of doin it for christmas... LOL!
steph
wow.... that cake looked very professionally done, man... do you have the recipe? hang on, first of all, is it easy to make? if not, then forget it. I also only had party for JL's 1st b'day. now I'm dreading whether to have a party for JH or not. I can't be bothered.
hi Sik
yah it's very easy to make actually. We kinda cheated cos I had no time to bake the cake so we bought 2 Coles mudcakes (just plain choc topping ones without the white choc swirls) then you just cut 1 of the cake into two little circles as their ears & then make a little chin for Mickey & there you have it.. the shape of Mickey's face! And all you do is copy what we've used as the decorations for his face! sup sup soi! All the adults loved it more than the kids! hahaha...
p/s yes you have to throw JH his 1st birthday cos u know the 2nd one always misses out so make sure he doesn't yeah? and good to see him out of hospital! Praise God!
Post a Comment