(Source: Babycentre.com.au)Our baby is now 13 centimetres long from crown to rump and weighs approximately 140 grams. His skeleton is mostly rubbery cartilage, which will harden later. A protective substance called myelin slowly begins to wrap around the spinal cord. With the help of a special stethoscope, you can now hear your baby's heartbeat. There's almost nothing more comforting or exciting than hearing your baby's heartbeat galloping along. On days when you're worried about how your pregnancy is progressing, hearing the heartbeat lets you know that your baby's developing and growing.
It was just the Sunday past (30th March) while waiting at the airport on our delayed flight back to SG from Bali that I finally felt my baby's kick for the very first time.
I had prepared myself for this as I've read so much books that tells you the first kick will be a very subtle one and it would happen some time 16wks onwards.
Finally, it all began when Mr M was boring me to tears with his explanation on one of ANZ's products which is all finance related (yes Mr M is now working for ANZ in SG) & his explanation couldn't have come at the worse time as 1) we were frustrated with the flight's 2hr delay and 2) it was already 10pm & we were so zzz from wandering around Bali the whole day already!
So while he was going on and on and drawing this diagram to illustrate his little 'presentation' to me, I had this little air bubble feeling in my bladder. First I thought my tummy just has a bit of 'wind'. But then the 'air bubble' became stronger. Then immediately I knew it was the baby kicking cos this 'air bubble' happened where my bladder is located (eg. below your belly button where the baby is growing in the uterus) so it was definitely not the stomach doing the talking. Then I told Kelv and this news made him so excited that he too wanted to feel it. Of course this was impossible as the kick was too soft for it to be felt on the outside. He then asked me to describe for the next 15mins how the baby's kick felt like.
It was such an amazing feeling. Not because it felt like 'air bubbles' but more so because it gives me the reminder that this little being is truly growing & living inside of me. When he kicked, it was such a gorgeous feeling that I just wanted to go inside my body & pick him up!
Now and then, the bub will kick me when I least expected. If I'm frustrated with work, he will kick me too as if to remind mummy that everything will be ok. Wow, I think this is definitely one of the parts I love about being pregnant! I can not wait to meet him!!

1 comment:
more and more kicks will come and they will be a lot stronger too. Sometimes when he kicks at the wrong spot, you'll feel a slight pain. as he grows bigger, you'll be able to see your tummy rippling, sort of like mexican wave. and when he kicks too often, you'll be so over it that you'll probably tell him off. i did, hehehe anyway, enjoy the kicking while they are still soft and gentle kicks
Post a Comment