Our baby is approximately 14.2 centimetres long from crown to rump and he weighs about

190 grams. His chest moves up and down to mimic breathing but he's not taking in air, only amniotic fluid.
A mid-pregnancy ultrasound scan is often done sometime in the second trimester (usually between 18 and 20 weeks) to assess fetal growth and development, screen for certain birth defects and check the placenta and umbilical cord. During this scan, you might see your baby kick, flex, reach, roll, or even suck his thumb (how cute!).
You will probably experience dry eye syndrome which appears to be a change in the amount or the content of tears, so that they do not lubricate the eyes properly.
2nd Trimester Blues
I don't know how these graceful pregnant women do it? glowing with joy every day in their pregnancy! Gosh I really do envy them. To think now that I'm in the 2nd trimester, it should be the 'best part of the 3 trimesters' right? WRONG!
Here are all the symptoms that I've experienced so far during my 2nd trimester (and boy I must have had every symptoms under the sun! lucky me):
1) Frequent urination - yes this has not stopped! at least 3 times a night & I tell you it's really disturbing my sleep and I end up feeling soooo exhausted the next day.
2) Shortness of breath - yes this is increasingly getting more common to the point when I was delivering my sales presentation to the sales team in BKK, I was so breathless that I had to pause every 5 secs to take a breath! What is going on?
3) Fatigue - it's getting harder to wake up every morning now.. and not sleeping well at nights doesn't help it either
4) Skin breaking out - omg, not only do I get pimples on my face, I get them on my chest/back now.. and that is sooo abnormal!
5) Itchy/Dry eyes - the other day I was thinking why do I have extremely dry/itchy eyes? there I was thinking it must be my contacts.. then I realised, I haven't worn my contact lense for at least a month now.. so it can't be.. until I read babycentre & realised it's all part of the joys of being pregnant!
6) headaches - this is getting more frequent now & panadol is now my best friend in my handbag just in case.. (And remember 2mths ago I was so happy at the fact that I haven't experienced it.. boy have counted the chicken before they hatched!)
7) body aches - this normally starts in the wee hours of the night when I can literally feel my baby growing & therefore all of my body aches b/c my muscles/skin/veins are all getting stretched to make room for the little one.. not a nice feeling I tell you.
8) sensitivity of gum - the gum is getting even more sensitive now. I look like a vampire who just sucked a whole heap of blood right after I floss. It's disgusting!
9) loss of memory - this is increasingly getting more common. I would find myself lost for words & frequently forgetting what I was suppose to do... gosh I hope this will get better after the pregnancy!
10) hot flushes in the face - I would get really hot and red in the face when I laugh too hard or felt embarrassed etc. Have never experienced this feeling before! literally I would feel the blood rushing up to my face & the entire head is so hot. weird weird feeling..
So there you have it, the joys of being pregnant!
