Today marks the end of my confinement which means F R E E D O M! To celebrate the occasion, I decided to do everything that I couldn't do because of my pregnancy over the past nine months.
So the first thing was to get my government subsidised cervical cancer vaccination because I didn't want to wait until I turned 27y.o which would mean I would need to pay $400 out of my own pocket! Anyway, I went to see my GP Doctor Chai ('who's the husband of my gynae). He congratulated me on the bub. Then he told me that this vaccine will hurt for two days like tetanus. I gave him a look and then said 'trust me, after going through labour, there really is no pain that I can't handle.. ' HAHA.. Then I also got him to put dry ice (which is like acid) over my little wart on my toe. He said it again 'This is going to sting'. Once again I gave him a reminder.
Next was my annoying wisdom tooth that really needed to go eight months ago. I postponed the removal of it because I didn't want to take any antibiotics while I was still pregnant with Zach.
So as per tradition, my dad went with me like the past three wisdom teeth removal. Surprisingly the extraction didn't hurt at all. I couldn't feel a thing. The only thing that I would whinge about was the 2 injection shot into my gum.. that did sting but once again... nothing hurts as bad as labour pain.
Next on my to do list... 1) My day surgery & 2) Laser eye surgery - Yikes I'm not sure if I'll ever be prepared to have a scalpel poking in the first layer of my eye! thinking about it already gives me the shivers.. but I guess once again, nothing will ever hurt more than labour pain. Knowing this fact will give me the courage to get it done! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
where are you having your laser eye surgery? how much does it cost over here? i know a few of my friends'friends get it done in m'sia. how safe is it? my mum did asked me few years ago when i went home if i want to have it done. but it looks very scary and painful. later after you have it done, post it in your blog about your experience ya... i'm sick of wearing glasses but i'm such a wuss, wouldn't dare to do it.
Post a Comment