The stress of our house move has finally arrived. For weeks I had dreaded about this day(s)because we have so much stuff to organise, pack & unpack. So after looking at the calendar & the weather, we finally picked this Monday past to have Kent to finally release our Singapore sea shipment. Then today (Saturday), we were to move our belongings from my parents/Mr M's parents' house to our new place. It was hard work alright.
To prepare for the Monday's move, I had to pump out 4 bottles of milk over 3 days just so my mother could help me babysit Zach while I went with Mr M to unload all of our belongings from Singapore via Kent International at 8am in the East.
All up there were about 20 boxes of our belongings that needed to be unpacked. We were there until 6pm and were absolutely knackered.
While I was unpacking all of the boxes, I discovered some of our goods that were taken from customs:
1) All the herbal medicine (Sorry Steph, pls send my deepest apology to your darling mother as nothing was saved except the red small seed that's good for your eyes & the box of big pills).
2) All of our coffees were taken
3) My beautiful green water hycinth bag which I bought from Vietnam.. apparently it's an illegal material which needed an import license that cost $150 to obtain. I decided to scrap it instead since the bag only costed me $15!
4) I also discovered a lot of our belongings were damaged and missing. The major damaged goods were our mini-hifi as the disk changer just don't work anymore. Also our leather lounge suite don't recline any more either! heartache I tell you.. I also discovered that my foreign currencies are all gone (serve me right for putting it in the sea shipment) & also my Issey Miyake EDT 100ml (brand new) is also missing. Haiz... how do you stop a thief from stealing when it's beyond your control?
Saturday's move was much easier than Monday because there were less stuff to move. The biggest item to move was my mum's treadmill that she's decided to donate to our gym room. Next was the baby's cot & his changing table. All the rest was pretty easy.
At about 6pm, after we had our final meal at my parent's place, we finally said our goodbyes to my parents. Before we left, I had snuck a gift in their bathroom as our token of appreciation for all that they have done over the past 2 months. Attached was a card that was of course written by Zach saying to his grandparents how much he & his parents had appreciated them. The present of course was a blown up photo of Zach in a frame & Zach's photo album with all the past 2 months of memories with his parents & grandparents.
We finally arrived back to our own place at around 7pm. Despite the fact that the house was all in a mess, both Mr M & I along with Zach in our hands were overwhelmed by feelings of joy & gratitude because we know that our journey as a family has just begun...

1 comment:
I hate moving house. I can relate to the tiredness of moving. Thank God everything went okay for you.
Another thing I hate is Aust Custom. I personally think that they are overprotective, considering all those herbal things are for your own personal use. My mum brought quite a lot of chinese medicine and herbal medicines too for my confinement last time, all of them were confiscated. haiz... i mean sgp is a very strict country, stricter than aust but ppl are still allowed to bring food and all that into singapore. i think aust is the only country whose custom is confiscating all good stuff. i still hate them also for confiscating my moon cakes. and God knows what else they've confiscated over the years.
So sorry to hear that some of your stuff have gone missing. I can't believe that they dare to steal. oh dear... but ya, you shouldn't have put your foreign currencies in those boxes. you should've just brought them with you.
Anyway, i'll see if i can squeeze some time to visit you. will let you know and find the more convenient and suitable time for you.
take care. muach for Zach
Post a Comment