Zach's development has increased exponentially at 7th week! Here are the changes:
1) He now has more control over his hands & feet rather than just simply dangling it into the air.
2) He now knows how to grip especially on Daddy's necklace!
3) The biggest milestone we've noticed is how much he talks now! Yes our little bub knows how to communicate to us. Whenever I say 'oooohhh!', he will respond back. This would go on for at least 5mins straight! I tend to use different pitches when I speak to him as he can hear different pitches much better than just a monotone. And when I do this, he will copy me back & also speak in a high pitch tone if I spoke to him in high pitch. It's sooo cute! You can see how much he tries to speak by the movement in his eyebrow & the enlargement of his eyes. Sometimes nothing comes out and my little one will try again. Often, he will give me a smile & my heart will just melt....
4) His recognition of his parents is becoming more and more evident. Whenever Mr M or myself walks into the room, instantly he will look at us with familiarity.
5) My little one's feed is still 3hrs apart. If we're lucky, we can stretch him till 5hrs apart but it takes a lot of persistence & distraction.
6) Zach is very playful and at times very restless when his parents hold him. Usually after a feed he is very content & would just stare at his parents. But this week, for some weird reason, he decided to toss & turn, roll left & right, stick his head up, do a stretch, do a bit of a cry and repeat his rolls again. Both of us just chuckled while watching our little king show us that he is the boss.
7) He likes to feel footsteps. When he is restless, he doesn't like us to be motionless while carrying him. Instead, he wants us to walk him around the house so he can turn his head to gaze at all the artefacts in the house.
8) Whenever we change him on the dressing table, he loves it when we play with him. Mr M likes to kiss his feet & he would give a smile. As for me, I love pretending to kiss his tummy & he would also give me a cheeky grin back.
9) oh and did I mention how much my bub loves eating his hands... omg.. so much so that I always have to change his mittens cos it's ALWAYS wet with his saliva! I can't seem to stop him either! urghh..
10) He is starting to like his play gym now. We can leave him there for at least 15mins without him crying. He would continuously punch the objects above, while staring at it religiously looking so intrigued by it. This is such a vast difference from the first time he was in his play gym.
