1 more week to go!I must admit, I was getting really impatient last week especially after 2 of my g/fs all delivered earlier than their due date. I think this little one will be coming late again (as per my theory on genetics as my mum was late for 2 of her kids & Z was technically going to be late too if I had not induced him).
Anyway, then it hit me just this week that I should be just thankful that the bub has not come out yet and that I should just enjoy my maternity leave with just the 3 of us. I should just enjoy my time with my firstborn & give him my sole undivided attention and enjoy going out just the 3 of us before the chaos arrive.
To think I had actually forgotten how much work a newborn baby is!!
> The 3hourly feed which means technically I only have 2 hours to sleep in between
> Losing the plot on what time it is and suffering from memory loss & extreme moodiness
> Waking up in the cold night, doing the feeding, the burping, the changing, the putting of bub to sleep... oh dear!
> Sterilising all the bottles, the breastpumps etc etc.
> Being confined for a whole month and not being able to eat anything 'cold' (eg. ice cream, smoothies!) or having a shower whenever I please
> Putting two kids to bath, feed, sleep.. Yikes!
> And in the midst of all this, Mr M & I have to some how 'protect' our marriage too...
Wow am I really ready for all that all over again? um um um.. ok I think I'll be happy to just wait for another week at least.. enjoy my freedom while it last.
Anyway, I went to my obs yesterday for my weekly check up. All is well. Baby is happy. She is engaged however still in the posterior position. The Dr also did a VE on me & told me that the cervix is soft but definitely not dilated yet. So no signs of baby coming any time soon... (blessing in disguise I guess).

In exactly a week's time, baby will be full term. So I'm just going to enjoy my last week of freedom. Going out with my boy(s), my parents, my friends, house cleaning etc etc. It will be me time this whole week & I've finally learned to embrace it. So baby, don't come out just yet ok? Mummy has decided that it's best for you to stay in the oven for as long as possible :)

1 comment:
Good idea ... enjoy ur time now with d boy(s) coz after bb is out, its a whole different story. Dun worry .... gals r easier to take care n i'm pretty sure tis time round u'l hv plenty of rest. Yes, the first month wil b feedin like every 2 hrs but after she is settled in ... u'l b totally fine. So take care gal. Keep us updated via sms/mms :D
steph xoxoxoxoxox
Post a Comment