Buying New things for the 2nd child:
1) New car seat (more for Zach - toddler seat & BM2 will use Zach's old bb car seat)
2) Double Kit/Toddler seat for our Phil & Ted's Sports pram.
3) More 000 jumpsuits cos I remember how many times my poor mother had to wash & dry out Z's limited jumpsuits whenever his poo leaked. So this time around, I'm going to get just a little bit more to ease off that pressure.
4) Buying her a new tallboy to store her entire collection of clothes!
5) More bibs - Z's bibs have been worn out from the long duration of use since he loves to drool so much. So I need to buy a whole new set for the 2nd one.
6) Nappies - of course you will need new nappies & wipes. Luckily working on the Pampers brand means I got some for free! yay :) but I did buy some myself too in preparation for her arrival.
7) Muslin wrap - I didn't have any muslin wrap with Z so this time around when my manager asked me what I wanted I told her just that please :)
8) New baby girl shoes - Once again, I can't really dress her in all of Z's boyish shoes so when LW asked me what I wanted, I told her just that please :)
9) If anyone else wants to get me something - then perhaps some nice accessories for her like headbands or a nice girly hat etc? b/c to date, so many ppl have already gotten her clothes already ;)
10) Maternity/breast pads - yep all to use as soon as the baby is out!
11) New Maternity bras - I realised my old ones are falling apart so I had to get new ones! Bonds I found has the best and most comfortable maternity bras vs the other brands although they're a bit more expensive vs the rest but well worth the price!
Getting things ready:
1) Washing all of her new clothes/her gor gor's old bb clothes
2) Taking out the breastpump/bottles/steriliser unit ready to go
3) Setting up the cot all over again
4) Moving the cot & the changing table into our master bedroom (for the 1st month at least)
5) Setting up the playgym
6) Getting out my breastfriend pillow for breastfeeding
7) Fitting 2 car seats in our car! 1 rear facing & 1 upright forward facing.
8) Getting all of the batteries ready to replace all of the toys (eg. for the hanging mobile, playpen, jolly jumper etc etc). Thank God for P&G b/c Duracell is one of our brands too! I got it for free along with Vicks Vaparub, Vicks Baby balsam & Metamucil as well. Not to mention Oral B stages brush for the bub :)
9) I've also wrapped some toys/new clothing ready to give to Zachariah at the hospital especially since he will see that his mei mei will be getting all of the attention. I've told my parents/in laws to do the same and tell him that 'his mei mei' has given it to him. I know he LOVES to
10) Packing the hospital bag for myself, Mr M, BM2 & Zachariah for when he stays with his grandparents. I feel like everyone is on this big vacation except that there will be no sleep or relaxation involved!
11) Cutting my hair SHORT - With Z, I had left my hair long during my confinement cos I wanted to keep my neck warm during the cold winter nights of waking up to feed him. However, I found that it was really impractical b/c I would always have to find a hair tie which kept on missing by the day. And when I did decide to cut it all off as soon as my confinement was over, I only had a window period of 3hours to do this in before having to rush home to breastfeed my infant again. So this time around, I've decided to take my time in the world & pamper myself with a nice hair cut ready for labour, confinement & nursing a baby without vomit in my hair :)
Diet during the final month:
1) I've been eating a lot of fruits during the last month of my pregnancy. In particularly pear/papaya (to help with constipation), oranges (to give her beautiful skin), strawberries/berry smoothies (to increase my anti-oxidants intake in an attempt to boost my immunity since I'm always waking up every 3 hours).
2) Soy milk - I love to drink Soy Milk during the last month of pregnancy because it helps to give baby a beautiful complexion before she is fully baked. Besides, it also helps to boost my calcium intake! When my mum came back from overseas, I made her make a whole batch of soy milk for me again just like the last time! thanks Mah!
3) My mum's made me eat the Vitamin C tablets from Amway as my cousin sister who is an Amway representative told her it was extremely good for the baby in its last trimester. I take this along with my Blackmores Pregnancy/Breastfeeding multi-vitamins. At times, I also take Omega 3 fish oil (to prevent weak joints in my fingers like the last time) and calcium tablets.
4) Red meat - since I'm low on the iron side, I need to boost my level of iron before I loose some of it giving birth!
5) ABC live culture yoghurt (eg. Jalna) - to boost my calcium & assist in digestion
Preparing Mentally for the labour:
1) So I've been reading a lot of pregnancy mags again from all of my bounty bags to get a refresher on what to expect in the different stages of labour & when to call the hospital etc. Ahh.. it's all coming back to me now after 2yrs!
2) Since I've decided not to use the T.E.N.S machine this time around as it really made me tense during my labour the first time round and as a result, I wasn't dilated fast enough. Thus, I have been reading on the natural birth techniques in particulary the Lamaze method on the different positions you can be in to help ease the labour pain. Now I just pray that the hospital midwives will allow me to move around the room as opposed to last time when I was bed bound.
Ok please pray for me everyone cos I'll need every prayers I can get to deliver BM#2! Yikes!
