Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting back your figure

Now a lot of people has commented on just how great my body looks after only 2months post delivery (I will pay all of you later)

My total weight gain from Pre vs Post pregnancy was 14kg. I had to also wear a size 12-14 pants! The day of delivery, I lost 3.5kg. From there, each month I lost about 3kg. Then came the last 4 kg which apparently is the hardest to lose (and I agree!).

Now what is the secret? I must say in the words of Angelina Jolie 'It's all due to breastfeeding'. That's truly it. No bull.

Throughout the 2.75months, I must confess, I have not at all exercised (except for pelvic floor aka Kegels). Every second I have free, I am trying to do housework or catching up on my sleep. There really is no time for exercising. I also ate as much as I can since eating helps to produce milk for your bub and we all know how much I ate just by looking at Zach ;)

Another thing about breastfeeding that I've discovered is that when you are breastfeeding, for the first five minutes, all the hormones start to speak to each organ of the body and when that happens, you feel like you want to vomit. So all the things that you crave for goes out the door (eg. chocolates, lollies, chips, ice cream etc). Moreover, since nursing mothers are so deprived of their time, when they do find a free minute, you literally learn to pick up the healthy food for the sake of your baby (healthy food produces more milk). All the junk goes out the door cos you begin to eat to live (or in my case, to help my baby live) not live to eat.

So every fortnight when I get on the scales, I am gobsmacked to see that the weight keeps on dropping. It's such a great feeling actually. I mean for the first time ever I am able to eat and eat and eat & the scales just keep on getting lighter & lighter! How good is that?!

Now that it's been 2.75months since Zach's delivery, I am proud to say, I have lost 12kg! Another 2kg to go! And the other great news that has brightened up my blues is that I can fit into some of my jeans & size 8 dresses again (which means my bones/frames have shrunk back into its normal size!) double yays! Bring on Summer!